Email Alerts

Would you like to receive email alerts when a new update is posted to my blog? Just give me your email address down below and every time something new and exciting is posted to my blog you will be the first to know!

Looking For A Specific Post?

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Get Out the Door Faster!- Back To School Tips

Here's the truth. I'm sixteen years old and I can't drive. The only chance I have to get to school on time is taking the bus. And no matter how much you plead, the bus is not going to wait for you. We have ALL faced the dreaded moment when we wake up feeling rested and realize that we are running late. The panic sets in and you bolt out of bed and hope you make it out on time whether you are riding or driving. Luckily with a few precautionary measures together we can make sure you get to school on time.

1) Setting Up A Sleep Schedule
There are many health benefits to going to sleep and waking up at the same time everyday. It's going to be much easier to get up in the morning if your body routinly gets up at the same time and if you get 8 hours of sleep. With homework and work and life it is always hard to carve out that 8 hours of sleep but it will be essential to your sanity to try to get as close to 8 hours as possible.

2)  Have Grab and Go Breakfast Options
Nuts, Granola Bars, and Fruit are perfect grab and go breakfast options. I'm never very hungry at 5:30am so I always try to have some quick breakfast options to take with me to school to eat when I am hungry. 

3) Have a Routine, and if it's not working CHANGE IT
If you think you only need ten minutes to get ready, but always end up being 20 minutes to late to EVERYTHING, maybe its time to rework your routine to give yourself extra time to get ready. Whether that means waking up earlier or cutting something out of your routine- figure out what needs to be changed and do it.

Image result for Cute hipster Makeup Bag4) Always have an emergency makeup bag 
Get some mini samples and throw a tiny bag in your backpack. This way if you wake up late you can put your makeup on on the bus or in the school bathroom.

6) NEVER Set your Alarm as a song
I used to this when I was younger and I realized this is just a BAD IDEA. The song just ended up playing out in my dreams and things got weird. Then I'd realize it was my alarm all along and wake up very disoriented.

7) But after you get up- Play a Peppy Song
My Jam lately has been " Can't Stop the Feeling" by Justin Timberlake. Right when I wake up I play it and I can't help but dance and hop out of my bed.

<3 Stay Fabulous <3







__________
Photos:

  • http://st.houzz.com/simgs/5301134900db36ea_4-3725/modern-clocks.jpg
  • https://media.giphy.com/media/fzCBUOZCK4tq0/giphy.gif
  • https://img0.etsystatic.com/123/0/9335047/il_570xN.965628364_qwjg.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! You'll see your comment soon, just got to read it first :)

Translate