Email Alerts

Would you like to receive email alerts when a new update is posted to my blog? Just give me your email address down below and every time something new and exciting is posted to my blog you will be the first to know!

Looking For A Specific Post?

Monday, December 7, 2015

5 Things You Should Be Doing with Your Beauty Blender

1. Replace it every 2 Months
This every day tool is going to take on some serious wear-and-tear in your makeup arsenal. At its core, the beauty blender is a sponge and is not going to last forever. The unfortunate part about the "every two months rule" is that this miracle tool is pretty expensive. So if you need to stretch it a little, just be extra careful.

2. NEVER put it in a cabinet still wet
I was watching one of my all time favorite Youtubers yesterday and she was noticing that Beauty blender was littered with black mold spots. This happened because she was placing her wet BB in the cabinet still wet. You are constantly using a BB on your skin and you do not need to be blending in your makeup with a MOLDY SPONGE.

3. Don't just use it with your foundation
The beauty Blender sponge is perfect for not only foundation, but I also use it to blend in my concealer and highlighter. Also if I have made a contouring mistake and placed too much bronzer, I will take my BB and blend the powder into my skin better to create a more natural look.

4. Wash it once a week
The down side of BB sponges is they can gather lots of bacteria. To prevent spreading this bacteria to your face, wash it once a week. Just run it under some warm water and lather it with baby soap. Wash it until the running water becomes clear and the sponge has no visible makeup left on it. As you can see in the photo my beauty blender still needs to be washed more.

5. Use a stippling motion
Some people use a swiping motion while using the sponge. But the sponge was designed to be used in a patting or stippling motion. This motion the best blended look.

<3 Stay Fabulous <3
__________________
Also featured in the picture is one of the items I am trying for this months buy and try! Want to read that?: http://www.just-be-fabulous.blogspot.com/2015/12/buy-and-try.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! You'll see your comment soon, just got to read it first :)

Translate