Email Alerts

Would you like to receive email alerts when a new update is posted to my blog? Just give me your email address down below and every time something new and exciting is posted to my blog you will be the first to know!

Looking For A Specific Post?

Monday, November 3, 2014

Body Confidence

* Before Reading this, get comfortable

You need to see this:
View image on Twitter
Recently Becky Hopper on Twitter tweeted out this image of a Topshop mannequin. The girl to the left is her friend Georgia who is a size 8. The models thighs are approximatley  2/3 smaller than the average women. Isn't that just heartbreaking.  It is images like these that cause so much body insecurities throughout the teen and female community in general.

Body confidence is such a large issue today. It saddens me so much to think that there are people out there that are so insecure and non confident in themselves, partially do to images like this. Sure this may be a blog for de-stressing ideas, makeup and fashion tips, and some gif trails now and then, but if I don't use my platform to encourage young girls, then I am really taking the internet for granted.

The thing about body confidence is that its different for everybody. For me I am naturally on the skinnier sized of the spectrum. However with that comes smaller "features". So songs like Megan Trainors " All About that Bass" really upset me. Her talent is undeniable, but the song is suppose to be about female empowerment and self confidence, but with lyrics like:
  • Yeah, my mama she told me don't worry about your size
    She says, "Boys like a little more booty to hold at night."

  • I'm bringing booty back
    Go ahead and tell them skinny b****es that
Make me feel like because I don't have a big butt, that I'm not good enough, and that's it's a bad thing to be skinny. Every body type whether tall or short, curvy or thin, is beautiful. The thing is, we are each unique and so stunningly gorgeous in our own ways. Everyone gets mad at models on magazines because they don't show " the real woman". What is the real woman? Why should people get mad at them because they are naturally on the skinny side? Sure I understand their are cases in which they may of had a little "help", but if they're naturally like that, then are they not a "real woman".

I may not have the largest cup size out of my friends, I may be able to see over the tops of all of their heads, I may not have the butt to fill my jeans (thank goodness for belts), I may have the largest feet out of almost every single girl I have ever met, but I have come to learn that I .am. beautiful. You are so, so beautiful ( or handsome if you prefer). I have been wondering what I want to do with my life, and though I still may not be sure, I feel like God is pushing me to do something where I can empower girls and make them feel beautiful.

Homecoming just past for me, and even though I didn't go
 I went to a friends QuinceaƱeraYou dress just like 
homecoming. 
If you have been reading my blog you know I love 
to do makeup.
 I also have a real talent for doing other peoples makeup.
So anyways I had a friend over for the first time and 
she asked if I could do her makeup for the event, 
because she doesn't know how to do her own very well. 
After I finished I could just tell that she felt 
so beautiful and I loved making her feel that way. 
We had so much fun that night. 

Its important as a female that we cut out the feeling of
 competition. Instead of wishing you had her full lips, 
or feeling insignificant because you haven't found a guy...
 try to build someone else up . If you like what that girl is 
wearing, 
compliment her. It might be just the thing to lift her spirits.  
This week I challenge you to give out 10 compliments. 
Encourage them do to the same. Lets just keep it going. 
See how you feel! Let me know your stories in the comments
 down below. And don't forget...

<3 Stay Fabulous <3
  
___________________________________________

Photos: 

2 comments:

I love hearing from you! You'll see your comment soon, just got to read it first :)

Translate