Email Alerts

Would you like to receive email alerts when a new update is posted to my blog? Just give me your email address down below and every time something new and exciting is posted to my blog you will be the first to know!

Looking For A Specific Post?

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Makeup Basics: The Base

Hey Guys!

Happy 2015 everybody! I hope you had an amazing holiday season, I know I did. Well everyone it's a new year and that signifies a fresh start. @ajlebs on Instagram asked for Contouring 101 and Basic Makeup application and I thought, "What a better way to start off the new year, then by building a strong base of knowledge?" So this is what we will do!

With every look you do, you must  start off with  the base! (cause baby I'm all about that base.) Sometimes I do my eyes first ( in order to reduce clean up time) but it seemed obvious to start with the largest part. The skin on your face is very delicate so before putting on any face makeup you always need to make sure that your face is clean and moisturized. Even if you have oily skin! Remember no two faces are alike so your skin care routine may be different then your friend's routine. It's all about what works for you!


There are many different types of bases you can use including liquid foundation, tinted moisturizer, BB cream, CC cream, powder foundation, mineral foundation, the list goes on and on! You just have to find what works for you. Makeup routines are all about personalization. 
My favorite out of all of them is BB cream. "Beauty Balm" is a light weight substitute for heavy foundation. I love BB cream because it does a bunch of different things in one product as opposed to traditional foundations. My two favorites are the Dream Pure BB cream from Maybelline New York and The Super BB cream from Physicians formula. Both of these are amazing for people with acne and I enjoy them both very much. 

First I squeeze a pea sized amount of cream on the back of my hand. Then I warm it up ,for easy blending, by swirling it slightly. I then take my ring finger and swipe streaks of the cream on all spots of my face. Two on each cheek, three on the chin, up my nose, on my temples, and three on the forehead. Whatever is left I swipe on my neck. Then taking my dampened beauty blender I spread and blend it into my face. 

The best thing about them in my opinion is that they are oil free which is great because I have a water slide for a T-Zone!

If you have super bad acne and want a heavier coverage then it's best to go for a liquid foundation. This is going to give you the greatest success. 

Ways To Apply:

1. The Beauty Blender: This is my all time favorite way of applying any face makeup ( cream based).  A beauty blender when damped really blends out the cream in the most natural and beautiful way. They are super easy to use and it feels really nice on your skin.
2. A foundation brush: This brush can be used to apply liquid foundations, BB and CC creams, and also cream blush. I do not really care for this method of application because it can tend to look streaky and I mush prefer a softer look as I am only 15.
3. Powder Brush: This brush can be used to apply powder foundation
4. Flat Kabuki: This brush can be used for mineral foundation application.

______
Photos:

  • http://www.epharmacy.com.au/images/productimages/69068/original.jpg
  • http://www.123newyear.com/cards/frontend/images/uploads/cards/public/Happy-New-Year-Quotes-Cards-12.jpg
______
Social Media Links:
Twitter: @fabulouslyme21
Instagram: fabulouslyme21
Pintrest: Paige Terch

_______
Wanna See something on this blog? Don't forget to comment and be sure to follow! 
_______
What is your goal for the new year?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! You'll see your comment soon, just got to read it first :)

Translate