Email Alerts

Would you like to receive email alerts when a new update is posted to my blog? Just give me your email address down below and every time something new and exciting is posted to my blog you will be the first to know!

Looking For A Specific Post?

Monday, May 19, 2014

HOLD THE PHONE!

Here is the Picture from Teen Vogue

Are Socks and Sandals Back In?

While casually scrolling through my daily dose of Teen Vogue and Seventeen Magazine online, I came across an article titled "How to Wear Socks and Sandals Without Looking Like a Tourist". And I was like, wait what?

Growing up I was always taught that socks and sandals were the forbidden footwear combination. If you ever walked out of the house wearing socks and sandals people were totally convinced that you just stepped out of the nineties. For example Cher from the movie Clueless ( btw great movie)! 

So when I saw this article I said to myself " You've got to be kidding me!" However when I looked at the photos in the article I was stunned. The way that they styled their outfits with the socks and sandals looked so gorgeous and very chic. 

I especially like the two on the left. You can play it chic and girly, or you can go edgy New Yorker. 'm not to fond of the girl on the right though. I feel like her wide and harsh black sandals clash with the vintage yellow dress. I could see what they were trying to accomplish, however its not really to my liking. maybe if the used a softer looking sandal to complement the dress, it would have really brought the outfit together.

For me personally, I don't know if I'd ever be daring enough to step out
and face the stereotypical views of socks with sandals, but I love the way Teen Vogue is testing the waters and trying to bring back this trend.
<3 Stay Fabulous<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! You'll see your comment soon, just got to read it first :)

Translate