Email Alerts

Would you like to receive email alerts when a new update is posted to my blog? Just give me your email address down below and every time something new and exciting is posted to my blog you will be the first to know!

Looking For A Specific Post?

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Fashion is Art

     I feel like around the world people have the wrong perception of beauty and fashion. Society has labeled the fashion world as a vain world with girls who are obsessed with how they look and wanting other people's acceptance  . For some people that might be true, they use fashion and makeup and all these other things to gain support so they feel accepted in our society. And thats really sad, not saying that in like its sad in a pathetic way, but sad in the fact that people are judged in how they look. Obviously the saying goes "Don't judge a book by its cover" but honestly thats just human nature. First impressions are everything. Even though fashion and beauty is used in this way, thats not the whole story. Fashion is art, the canvas is a human being not a piece of paper. The clothes are the artist's medium. If we could just realize this simple fact it would change our perspective on the fashion world. Yes, it may be true that this world has been corrupted and misleaded but to its core it is art. Fashion is beautiful and its not easy.

   Beauty guru's on youtube get slammed all the time on their videos with comments like " everyone is beautiful in there own way, why are you making them feel like they're not" and " you're so vain". This may be true and I do believe that everyone is beautiful inside and out. However why slam them? Makeup and fashion, at least for me, gives me confidence.  Being put together everyday makes me feel on top of the world. I am looking for acceptance from the human race, but not so intently that it corrupts me and my life. The reason it doesn't corrupt me is because I realized that fashion and beauty is art. It is not something that is needed, it is a gift, it is a passion, it is a desire. Fashion is beautiful and intricate and always changing and that is why I love it so much. And when I say that it gives me confidence I don't mean in the stupid arrogant kind of way. I mean that it gives me a sense of security and courageousness. I am ready for whatever life throws at me because I no longer have a constant fear of being judged.


   Think about this. What if everyday we could go outside the house looking like a million bucks and not get comments from people about us "trying to hard" or 'shes so vain".  What if we were just confident in ourselves enough to express our own personal style, no matter how out there it was, no matter what genre its from. And people would just learn to accept one another beyond the brands and beyond the material things and accept each other for the creative aspects that they bring forth into the world. That's a world I want to live in.


<3 Stay Fabulous <3
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Photo Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! You'll see your comment soon, just got to read it first :)

Translate