1. Leave all the drama behind. Last school year is over and it will never return, (unless of course you build a time machine). So whatever happened last year forget about it and start the year of fresh. Nobody likes to hold grudges forever so just let it go! There are benefits to it:
- Healthier relationships
- Greater spiritual and psychological well-being
- Less anxiety, stress and hostility
- Lower blood pressure
- Fewer symptoms of depression
- Lower risk of alcohol and substance abuse
3. Set goals for yourself. By setting goals this puts good pressure on you to accomplish something this school year . It also will keep you on track throughout the year. Whenever you finish or complete one of your goals just check it off the list.
Tip: Have each class you take be represented by a color. This way it make it easier to distinguish what you really should be lugging home each day.
5.Get a good night's rest. You're body is like a cell phone, when it's not fully charged its more likely that its going to run out of energy while your in school. Sleep is so important to the success of your school year. It is scientifically harder to retain information if you are sleep deprived.
6. Just do your homework and get it over with. Homework can seem like a drag sometimes but we have it for a reason, so just get over the fact that it seems like torture and finish it, because you have to.
7. Get involved. By getting involved in clubs and projects you get your name out there. Extra curricular activities look great on college applications and you're more likely to make friends. By joining a club that you're passionate about you meet people who have common interests with you.
8. Make sure to prioritize your time wisely. Your school year is likely to get crazy so write down everything you need to get done and when it must be done. Look at it and see where you can fit everything in. Also if you find that you have absolutely no time for any social life at all, you might need to see what your willing to give up. DON'T SPREAD YOUR SELF TO THIN. Its important to have a little me time once in a while.
9. Be Yourself. School is the perfect place to figure out who you are and what you are becoming. Know what you stand for and don't let anybody change that. In the words of Shaliene Woodley " YOU DO YOU, I’M GONNA DO ME, SHE’S GONNA DO SHE"
<3 Stay Fabulous <3