Email Alerts

Would you like to receive email alerts when a new update is posted to my blog? Just give me your email address down below and every time something new and exciting is posted to my blog you will be the first to know!

Looking For A Specific Post?

Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Scrunchie Takeover

Scrunchies are  cool again? I'm confused!

A recent article in the New York Times titled " The Scrunchie Grows Up" claims that the rise of the scrunchie trend maybe upon us. Katalina Sharkey de Solis , a manager of an ad agency, apparently had a realization while watching old movies one day that the scrunchie was a sign of power. This women then proceeded to create an Instagram account where she posted late pictures of icons wearing scrunchies. From then on the Scruchie trend resurrected!
_____________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have to say I was never to fond of scrunchies in everyday use. I did gymnastics competitively for a very long time wear scrunchies were pretty much required. So, I didn't see them as a casual accessory. The only memory I have of scrunchies in that type of way is when I watched Full House! Come to think of it, I never really liked scrunchies that much on them either. 

However, the new (  and improved ) scrunchies that they have developed are definitely a step up from your regular 90's get up.  For one thing they are a lot smaller and thinner than the used to be, which is nice because they are not as overpowering. They also have new patterns to keep up with the current styles.

So what do you think? Do you think that Scrunchies are here to stay, or are they just a passing fad? Comment down below!

<3 Stay Fabulous <3
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Photo Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! You'll see your comment soon, just got to read it first :)

Translate